Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 1 of 30 day

Day 1...Introduce, recent picture, and 15 interesting facts

Hello to my 4 faithful readers :) You already know me...Megan, wife and mommy!

Here is the most recent pic of me. Taken in Grand Rapids at Anne's house. I am holding Amelia and my mom is holding Graydon.



1. I help with our family business and sell headstones and urns.

2. I worked at Cedar Point for 2 summers on the Corkscrew.

3. When I was 3, my mom had me on the back of her bike in a baby seat, and a boy shot me in the head with a pellet gun from his bedroom window.

4. I've been married now for over 4 years!

5. I loved our wedding...my husband even wrote, sang and played a song for me on the piano during the ceremony.

6. I can play the piano.

7. I like to sing, but don't like to in front of others.

8. I talk to my husband several times throughout the day on gmail's chat.

9. Most of my extended family lives right in our area. I still have my grandmothers here and even one granpda! I love them all :)

10. I still get together with childhood friends. My dear friend Jolene and I have been friends for 25 years...whoa, I'm getting old :/

11. I'm looking out the window right now at the huge pig from the movie "Whip It."

12. After some rough college years and going through some struggles...I became a Christian in 2002. Can't believe it's almost been 10 years! Most important decision of my life--by far.

13. I have had 3 pregnancies. My first was a twin pregnancy, that ended in miscarriage at 10 weeks. We were heartbroken. My second pregnancy, ended in a stillbirth of a beautiful baby boy that we named Liam. July 23, 2009...the hardest day of my life. The weeks leading up to July 23, were such painful weeks too. Many appointments that left us in tears. That entire journey has affected me in soooo many ways. (More on that in a later 30 day post) And, my third pregnancy, ended on Sept. 21, 2010, with our beautiful daughter Amelia Rose. She is my joy!!!! I simply can not put into words my love for her.

14. I would love 2 or 3 more kids. But...not sure if that's the Lord's plan for us. Each pregnancy is kinda high risk for us now.

15. I hate winter and being cold! The end :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!

Am I one of your 4 faithful readers? : )

ColoradoBelle said...

So fun to learn about you! Looking forward to your 30 day challenge:)

The Buchingers said...

Great Post! Looking forward to reading and keeping me entertained once baby boy gets here!

Dottie said...

I'm a faithful reader too although I rarely leave a comment, I end up in tears every time I read your blog. Love you dear daughter! Day 4:your parents.....should be interesting reading!

Angela said...

Now that I'm back, can I be added as faithful reader #5? :)

This is great! Can't wait to hear more about your 30-day challenge. I'm going to have to play catch-up, but it looks like I came in right on time, so I'm not too far behind. :)

Jolene said...

Umm....#3? Did not know that!