Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 4 of 30 day

Day 4: Your Parents

I love my parents! I live in the same town as they do, and work for their business, so I see them almost everyday.

A little about my Dad: He is the oldest of 3 boys, raised mostly by a single mother. He is the hardest working man I have ever met! He rarely misses a day of work. I can remember growing up and him making sure we were hard workers too (either doing yard work, or just finding a job of our own.) He is a strong Christian and a good example of that (I can also remember him getting up very early to read his bible.) He is now my "boss" at work :)! The more I've gotten to know him since being an adult and on my own, the more I can see how similar and alike we are in different areas of our lives.

A little about my Mom: She is the oldest of 6, born in Germany and moved every 1-2 years growing up because my grandpa (her dad) was in the Air Force. She too is a very hard worker. She rarely sits to relax! She is either "waiting" on whoever is around (getting food for them, cleaning-up), exercising, socializing with friends, working at our business, babysitting a grandchild, or doing a bible study. She likes to plan out family trips and events. She truly loves family! I consider her one of my best friends!

Here is their wedding picture from March 10, 1973. They were only 18!! They will be celebrating 38 years of marriage next week!!! WOW!!!



4 comments:

llf said...

I love this post! The two pictures are SO awesome, then and now. <3

The Buchingers said...

Love this post! You do have amazing parents...I'm so blessed to be apart of the family!

Dottie said...

You girls both have me crying reading your precious heartfelt blogs. I love you all so much too. And family is so important to me. God reminds me of that when I'm feeling envy over not having a nice house,being able to travel, etc. I'd rather hang out with you all then do anything else!!

Jolene said...

I've seen the first pic - love it! The second is very nice. Happy Anniversary!!